The Global Opportunity Youth Network
The Global Opportunity Youth Network is housed at Aspen Institute’s Forum for community solutions and is co-designed by partners Prudential, Global Development Incubator, YouthBuild International, Accenture and CRS( Catholic Relief Services).
GOYN is a global initiative catalysing system shift for youth opportunity through the creation of sustainable training, employment, and income-earning pathways. GOYN works with “Opportunity Youth”(OY) — young people aged 15-29 who are out of school, unemployed, or working in informal jobs.
Tenets of GOYN:
- Youth participation in program design
- Data driven macro impact approach
- Collective Impact
GOYN has chosen “Anchor Partners’ in various communities across the world, who facilitate a deep level of ecosystem collaboration and coordinated action. Lighthouse Communities Foundation (formerly known as Pune City Connect) is the anchor partner in Pune.
Lighthouse Communities Foundation in partnership with Pune Municipal Corporation has been working tirelessly to improve youth’s lives and livelihood , empower citizens with digital literacy, and improve the quality of education in PMC Marathi medium schools. The Collective Action ecosystem comprises 50+ donors, 45+ implementation partners, and 2000+ employers.
- Create a network of communities that will enable systems shifts to improve youth employment and life outcomes
- Engage OY (Opportunity Youth) in co-designing solutions in their communities and for their communities
- Partner with community leaders to provide economic opportunities to at least 10% of the OY in Pune city
- Build a global evidence base and drive adoption of digital platforms that have the potential to shift outcomes at greater scale.