Logistics and Supply Chain Sector
The logistics sector slated to employ 28.4 million employees by 2022. Additional creation of ~11.7 million jobs by 2022
- Major growth will be concentrated in 5 sub sectors: land transportation, warehousing, supply chain, courier services and cold chain solutions
- Pune is a hub of manufacturing, warehousing, courier companies and call center related services
- Warehousing activities slated to increase post covid, as E-Commerce, Pharma, food industries and manufacturing companies deal with the pent up demand.
- Core technical skills like communication, digital literacy , computer literacy required for entry level jobs in the sector
- Min educational requirements for the employers match existing qualifications of youth; 67% employers need 10/12th pass youth
- Payscale of the sector matches youth expectations i.e above 10k for entry level jobs
A project by GOYN Pune
A pioneering project aimed to deploy GOYN’s place-based, collaborative approach, for bridging the gap between supply-side skilling organizations and demand-side employers to make the logistics sector aspirational for youth.
- Make youth aware of the opportunities available in logistics industry
- Co-design curriculum with skilling organizations and industry employers
- Training youth and placing them in the Logistics sector
- Partnership with Logistics Sector Skills Council
- The sector will offer many opportunities for youth
- Increase visibility of the logistics sector
- Women respondents willing to enter the sector
- Women will get into operational and technical roles as well as leadership roles.